I have been trained on Askaway and have done alot of sessions. Though it is extremely well used by students, it is not being used much outside of that group. Alot of the students use it instead of the resources at their fingertips, and I feel sure that laziness has alot to do with it sometimes, as clearly they could do the searches just as well as I could. On the other hand, there are moments when you do feel gratification, such as the time a student asked me how to do a math problem. Well, I couldn't do the math, but I could direct him to Math.com and the right section of that website to help him. His reaction was ecstatic, and no doubt he would use it again to help with his homework.
So Askaway is useful, but I prefer answering questions face to face!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment