
This kind of fishing is great, but phishing for people's money and identity is despicable. I have received lots of these types of email and always immediately delete them, but I can see how novice emailers can be taken in by them. It really is a lowlife crime. You may think that Shakespeare has nothing to say about this modern day crime, but as I always say, there's usually a Shakespeare quote that fits:
Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands:
But he that filches from me my good name
Robs me of that which not enriches him
And makes me poor indeed.
Ironically it is the vile Iago (from the play Othello) who says this, who probably would have loved phishing scams, as he enjoyed manipulating the innocent to his own purposes!
No comments:
Post a Comment